There is one intake for the NEED program in September each year. The application period will be from January to April for Fall 2021. For the application information, please visit https://recruit.cgu.edu.tw/.
No application fee is required.
The application process includes online application and offline submission of documents mentioned below:
Applicants should fill in the Application Form step by step online. Please keep all the other required documents ready before applying.
Note: Kindly select Code No. 2S10 during the online application process to select the NEED programme.
-->Offline Submission of Documents
All required documents must ARRIVE at CGU's Admission office IN PERSON or BY POST BEFORE the application deadline. Applications submitted by fax or e-mail will be rejected. Late, ineligible or incomplete applications will NOT be processed. The postal address is advised to be printed and pasted as shown below:
- Checklist which can be obtained from Page 47 of the Instructions for International Students.
- One printed copy of the completed online Application Form with a 2-inch photo
- (A) Completed Declaration Form and (B) Completed Letter of Authorization for international students with signature of the applicant. These can be found at the Instructions for International Students respectively.
- Photocopy of the original graduation certificate of the highest academic degree:
- Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree program. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided at at your expense
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
- If the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- Three letters of recommendation (subject to each department’s requirements)
- Recommenders should consist of at least one academic faculty member who can gauge your scholastic capabilities and achievements and your ability to complete the program while the other two could be industry colleagues or supervisors that can gauge your professional capabilities and achievements.
- Relevant supporting documents
- Or links to your Web Softcopies Curriculum Vitae, Academic and / or Industry Portfolio, Awards, Publications, etc .
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (First two pages) or nationality certificate (Individuals possessing ARC or other legal resident’s certificates, please provide a photocopy of ARC if there’s any)
- A sealed and validated financial statement of the applicant’s government scholarship award certificate
- A Study Plan
- Research Project Selection
- Each applicant is encouraged to indicate their Research project that they wish to undertake to complete their master thesis.
Certificate of nationality renouncement of the Republic of China or Arrival-Departure records (if applicable)
※ All the submitted application documents will not be returned; Please keep your own copies.
※ Kindly note that all tuition fees are to be payable in full upon acceptance of the offer letter from CGU and SUTD and are non-refundable once paid.